COVID-19 - Resources to Help Support Children and Parents at Home
We know parents are struggling to balance work, child care and self-care while keeping worries — both your children’s and your own — under control. You don’t have to do it alone. Here are some free resources to help your child's mind, body, and spirit during an uncertain time for us all.
Physical Activity, Play and Discovery
Free online resources for exploratory learning, physical activity, mindfulness and more.
- Playworks Online Game Library
- GoNoodle Library – Movement and mindfulness videos
- Yoga Ed Youtube Channel – Yoga for Children
- Alo Yoga Youtube Channel – Yoga for Children
- OMTastic Yoga – Free Yoga Resources for Children and Families
- Imagination Tree Blog – Resources and Activities for Fun at Home
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day to Day Projects to Keep Kids Growing
- PBS Kids Learn and Grow: Age by Age Tips & Activities for Social Emotional Learning, Literacy, Arts and More!
- Second Step Summer Reading List
- Science with a Side of Awesome – Crash Course Kids YouTube
- NatGeo Kids National Geographic
- Time Activities for Kids at Home During School Closures
- 100 Mile Club Free 26 Day Challenge
- CATCH Health at Home PE & Health Resources for Parents
- Mindful Schools Free Online Mindfulness Classes for Kids
- Family Resource and Youth Services Center Podcasts for Students and Families
Resources for Transition to Online Learning/ Home Schooling
Online and downloadable resources for virtual and at home learning support.
- The Resilient Leader (ASCD)
- Transitioning to Online Learning: Pro Tips on What You Need to Know (ASCD)
- Social Emotional Learning: Take Home Activities and Virtual Staff Professional Development (Aperture Education)
- Wellness Resources for Educators (Breathe for Change)
- Resources for Teaching Online Due to School Closures (EduBlogger)
- 75+ Free Online Learning Resources for Shifting to Virtual Schooling (We Are Teachers)
- How Kahn Academy Can Be Used for Remote Learning During School Closures
- Daily Schedules Age 4-18 (Khan Academy)
- Non-Traditional Instruction Health Education Prompts by Grade Level (Cairn Guidance)
- Resources for Remote Learning, Online PE, and At-Home Fitness (SHAPE America) – *Bookmark and Continue to Check Back for More Updates!
- BAM! Body and Mind Resources for Teachers (CDC)
Resources for Parents: Navigating a Health Crisis
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 (NASP/NSNA Fact Sheet) (National Association of School Psychologists)
- How to Talk to Children about Coronavirus (PBS Kids)
- How You and Your Children Can De-stress During Coronavirus (PBS Kids)
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus (National Child Traumatic Stress Network)
- Inside SEL – Social Emotional Learning Resources for Parents and Families
- SEL Resources During COVID-19 (CASEL)
COVID-19 General Resources
Resources around school closures, crisis response strategies, guidelines for talking with children and COVID-19 FAQs.
- Coronavirus CDC Resources
- Managing Stress and Anxiety When Navigating a Health Crisis (CDC)
- Map: Coronavirus and School Closures (Education Week)
Food Access and Nutrition
How to find meals in your community, nutrition activities, healthy snacks and more.
- Find Your Local Food Bank (Feeding America)
- Steps for Locating Meals in Your School District: Families should check with their school district or local food bank. Many states have received a waiver from the USDA that allows schools to provide meals for all children under 18 and are not required to eat on site. Feeding sites are available through out the community and available for ALL children and not just those that go to a particular school. If you can’t locate a site in your area, call your school district and/or local food bank, and they can help connect you to food in your area.
- Emergency Grant Request – for school districts and nonprofit organizations to support food access for children and families affected by school closures. (No Kid Hungry)
- MyPlate Kids Place – Games, Activity Sheets, Videos and Songs (USDA)
- MyPlate Snack Tips for Parents (USDA)
- Protect Your Health with Immune-Boosting Nutrition (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- NutriStudents K-12 Free COVID-19 Emergency Menu for Schools
- Nutrition Games, Printables and More by Nourish Interactive
- CATCH Health at Home Nutrition Education Resources for Parents